Wednesday, April 1, 2015

"You are not writing as much on your blog... that means you are doing better now?

Someone commented to me recently:  "You don't write as much on your blog....  I guess that means you are doing better?"

Actually, no, it doesn't mean I am doing better.  I am not doing better.  I lost the love of my life.  I still feel like half a person. I miss her more than ever.  I hurt a lot and cry a lot.

There is a popular myth floating around that after a year... or maybe two... you "get over" the loss of a husband or wife.  Since Dianne's passing I have talked with many widows and widowers.  Some are only a few years away from their loss, and for some, it has been 10 years or more since the passing of their husband or wife.  Absolutely NONE of these people have "gotten over" their loss.  They may have journeyed through the loss... but the pain is still there and often comes back at the most unexpected times.

So, if you're praying for me, please don't stop!  I need you now more than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment